Version 4 (Johnny Willemsen, 05/05/2018 12:06 pm)
h1. RIDL Issue submission guidelines
Submissions should be written in english.
h2. Submitting a Bug
Before submitting a bug report here, please make sure:
* that you're using an appropriately installed RIDL version
* have a look at the bug list and the Forums to see if it has not already been reported/discussed
When filling a bug report, please give the following information with the description of your problem:
* your operating system (incl. version)
* your Ruby version (eg. Ruby 1.8.7 or JRuby 1.6.0)
* your RIDL version
h2. Submitting a Feature Request
Before submitting a feature request here, please make sure:
* fill the subject as a sum up of your description
* fill the description as detailed as you can, don't hesitate to describe precisely how this feature should behave, try to add what benefits you're expecting from it
* please DON'T fill the target version field: let the developers decide when integrate
* please DON'T assign the feature request to anybody, let the developers deal with it
h2. Submitting a Patch
Submit as a Feature request. All the guidelines for submitting a Feature request apply. Changes should be submitted as a single patch file. Instructions for creating a patch can be found [[RIDLPatch|here]]. You should mention the branch/revision your patch is based on and attach the patch file.
h2. Submitting a Wiki improvement (project members only)
When you edit a wiki page to improve its content, make sure that you fill the comment field with a descriptive summary of the changes you've made to the page. This way we'll be better able to "monitor" and "maintain" the quality of the actual wiki content.