RIDL Issue submission guidelines¶
Submissions should be written in english.
Submitting a Bug¶
Before submitting a bug report here, please make sure:
- that you’re using an appropriately installed RIDL version
- have a look at the bug list and the Forums to see if it has not already been reported/discussed
When filling a bug report, please give the following information with the description of your problem:
- your operating system (incl. version)
- your Ruby version (eg. Ruby 1.8.7 or JRuby 1.6.0)
- your RIDL version
Submitting a Feature Request¶
Before submitting a feature request here, please make sure:
- fill the subject as a sum up of your description
- fill the description as detailed as you can, don’t hesitate to describe precisely how this feature should behave, try to add what benefits you’re expecting from it
- please DON’T fill the target version field: let the developers decide when integrate
- please DON’T assign the feature request to anybody, let the developers deal with it
Submitting a Patch¶
Submit as a Feature request. All the guidelines for submitting a Feature request apply. Changes should be submitted as a single patch file. Instructions for creating a patch can be found here. You should mention the branch/revision your patch is based on and attach the patch file.
Submitting a Wiki improvement (project members only)¶
When you edit a wiki page to improve its content, make sure that you fill the comment field with a descriptive summary of the changes you’ve made to the page. This way we’ll be better able to "monitor" and "maintain" the quality of the actual wiki content.