RIDL is a Ruby library implementing an OMG IDL parser/compiler frontend with support for pluggable (and stackable) backends.
Synopsis¶RIDL provides a framework for implementing compiler/generators for OMG standard IDL definitions. The framework includes:
- a RACC based parser supplemented with a custom scanner/tokenizer
- a complete AST class hierarchy for representing parsed IDL specifications
- a complete Type class hierarchy
- IDL constants expression support
- a builtin IDL preprocessor expression parser/evaluator
- a flexible framework for pluggable (and stackable) backends
- basic support for backend code re-generation
- compliant with the latest OMG IDL standard.
Remedy IT has developed multiple backends for RIDL. These include one for R2CORBA (generating Ruby code) which is 100% open source, TAOX11 (generating C++11 code), and AXCIOMA (generating C++11 code). When you want to know more about how Remedy IT can assist you with developing your own backend for RIDL contact email@example.com.
RIDL is Copyright (c) 2007-2018 Remedy IT Expertise BV, The Netherlands.
It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.
This software is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantibility and fitness for a particular purpose.
RIDL is distributed as a Ruby Gem. You can download and install RIDL as a Ruby Gem from the common Rubygems.org repository by executing the following command:
$ gem install ridl
The RIDL Gem is a Ruby-only Gem without any dependencies.