RIDL is a Ruby library implementing an OMG IDL parser/compiler frontend with support for pluggable (and stackable) backends.
Synopsis¶RIDL provides a framework for implementing compiler/generators for OMG standard IDL definitions. The framework includes:
- a RACC based parser supplemented with a custom scanner/tokenizer
- a complete AST class hierarchy for representing parsed IDL specifications
- a complete Type class hierarchy
- IDL constants expression support
- a builtin IDL preprocessor expression parser/evaluator
- a flexible framework for pluggable (and stackable) backends
- basic support for backend code re-generation
- compliant with the latest OMG IDL standard.
Remedy IT has developed multiple backends for RIDL. These include one for R2CORBA (generating Ruby code) which is 100% open source, TAOX11 (generating C++11 code), and AXCIOMA (generating C++11 code). When you want to know more about how Remedy IT can assist you with developing your own backend for RIDL contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIDL is Copyright (c) 2007-2018 Remedy IT Expertise BV, The Netherlands.
It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in
the source:LICENSE file.
This software is provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantibility and fitness for a particular purpose.
RIDL is distributed as a Ruby Gem. You can download and install RIDL as a Ruby Gem from the common Rubygems.org repository by executing the following command:
$ gem install ridl
The RIDL Gem is a Ruby-only Gem without any dependencies.